This tutorial will cover the script tag description used in HTML programming. After reading this tutorial you will be able to understand what is the meaning of tagging any section in script.
A script (clients script) is a program that may bunch up an HTML document. The script runs when it loads on client machine like emulator or browsers. HTML's support for scripts is independent of the scripting language.
Scripts provide us to extend HTML documents in dynamic and interactive ways. For example:
- Scripts may include a form to process input as it is entered.
- Script may pack a page which defines different functionality of client and server side.
- Scripts may be evaluated as a document loads to modify the contents of the document dynamically.
- Script may be bunch a package for another script that defines the property for another HTML element.
- Scripts may be triggered by events that affect the document, such as element focus, mouse hovering, loading, unloading etc.
- Scripts may be linked to form controls to produce graphical user interface elements. Such as a button, text box, checkbox, radio buttons.
HTML Vbscript:To insert VBScript code onto your page, you must once again add the tag. Below is the code to insert VBScript code onto your site. Following script will clear the concept of adding vbscript in HTML.
Listing 2: VBScript Example
<html> <head> </head> <body><h2><p align="center">Each element is showing in array and this script is supporting only in internet explorer.<p></h2> <center><h3> <script type="text/vbscript"> dim name(4) name(0)="INDIA" name(1)="America" name(2)="Pakistan" name(3)="Shree lanka" name(4)="Bangaldesh" for each eatables in name document.write(eatables) document.write("<br/>") next </script> </body> </html>
Figure 2: Above figure is output of a VB script in HTML which will run only on Microsoft internet explorer only.
If you Google chrome are not supporting script to run. Then it will show you output to your screen.
Listing 3: Example of NoScript Tag
This tutorial covered the all basic concepts related to scripting in HTML. Hope it will help you to understand the concept. if you have any queries please comment.